At Rethink, our promise to you is that you will do the best work of your career. We know that to do the best work, we have to create and promote an environment where people are happy, inspired, appreciated, empowered, and having fun. Our ability to back that promise is rooted in our commitment to remain as a creative independent agency. So, if you are ready to do the best work of your career while having fun, then read on.
As an Integrated Producer (Print/Digi) you will be joining our Toronto Production team which is made up of creative producers and a full-service studio team. While you’ll specialize in print/digi, you’ll have integrated production experience, and will be excited for opportunities to work with producers or teams in other areas of production. We take pride in providing an integrated approach to all our campaigns.
What you’ll be doing…
- Day-to-day innovative thinking and a love for the weird and wacky in advertising.
- Managing production projects from start to finish, with a proactive flair for ownership, leadership and over communication.
- Working collaboratively with creative and account teams early in the process for project guidance, ensuring work is within the parameters of the brief/budget.
- Effectively communicating/negotiating and managing scope of work with external stakeholders and suppliers throughout the production process (including media partners, experiential partners, photographers and their reps, prepress/proofs/print sales & paper reps, and specialty vendors).
- Executing detailed estimates, workback schedules and pre-prod decks.
- Participating in internal and client-facing meetings.
- Organizing and attending photoshoots.
- Interpreting supplied media schedules, preparing detailed instructions and job tickets for studio projects assigned to you.
- Reviewing & signing-off on vendor proofs with internal teams and clients.
- Managing timely purchase orders, processing invoices and reconciling projects with finance.
- Working with the production team and broader agency to enact, enable and enforce production processes.
- Facilitating projects from start to finish mainly for our Toronto office, but also supporting or acting as lead production on the occasional project in our other three offices (Montreal, Vancouver, and New York) as required. At Rethink we commonly share skill sets and resources across all of our offices to ensure the best possible delivery of projects based on the requirements of the job.
What you’ll bring…
- 2+ years experience working in an advertising agency as a senior integrated producer (print/digi), or 5+ years experience as an integrated producer (print/digi).
- Experience running experiential projects, including tangible deliverables that will require out-of-the-box thinking.
- Proven understanding of ink, paper and print technologies.
- Strong organizational skills including scheduling, managing suppliers, timely finance submissions etc.
- Always keeping in mind the production trifecta: cost/quality/time.
- Your creativity and adaptability – you will need to lean into other areas of production on some of the more integrated projects. Creative problem solving is key whether it be a large print project or online content piece.
- Eagerness to learn production disciplines outside of print that are reflective of the deliverables involved in a 360 campaign (social videos, ooh, newspaper, digital display, audio records, etc.) We are a support-lead team who are happy to mentor and share experience.
- Ability to manage and build upon strong internal and vendor relationships.
- An eye for design and interest in keeping up-to-date with print trends and technologies.
Nice to haves, not need to haves...
- Packaging production experience.
- Experience in non print focused deliverables - digital display banners, animated social videos, audio/radio records, video shoots, etc.
- Experience working with cost consultants.
- Experience with US vendors/production partners is an asset.
- Experience traveling for projects.
- Your experience using various online production tools (ie Workfront/Trello, etc.)
- Experience using Slack effectively as an internal communication tool.
Want to join the most relentlessly creative independent agency in Canada? Please send us your resume.
We truly appreciate everyone’s interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits and additional employee perks!
Rethink is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from all intersections. Accommodations are available, upon request, to all selected candidates during any stage of the recruitment process.